Have a safe one!
Yearly Archives: 2006
What can be said? May the Godfather of soul rest in peace…
Tradition is the only way to describe the Tiki Room’s Boxing Day sale. Every year we are able see the faces of all of our devoted customers in a single day. It’s amazing! We truly appreciate the support and love that we receive from the Queen city and beyond.
We’re letting everyone know about our Boxing Day specials. Here goes:
- Footwear as low as $20. That isn’t a typo. Tons of styles under $50. If you’re looking for footwear, we are the place to visit December 26th. We need the room so we’re selling many of our shoes way below cost.
- All regular priced clothing is 30% off
- All winter jackets will be 50% off!
- Selected pro boards for $50 with grip
- All accessories (belts, socks, wristbands, wax, ipod holder, etc) are 50%
As well, just for fun, if you come in and give Noel a high five (it’s his birthday, you know), you’ll get an extra 5% off of your entire purchase.
It all starts at 8am and goes until 6pm!
We really hope to see you there. Thanks for such a great year. Have a great holiday!
The new skatepark membership cards are now in. A good last minute stocking stuffer. Tell your mom, tell your grandma…
As per tradition, we will have the reverse scavenger hunt this Boxing Day (Dec. 26). If you bring any of the things below into the shop, and we’ll hook you up. This year, we’ve actually listed the prizes for items on our list. Here goes:
Items we will keep if you bring ‘em in:
1) Fingerboard MegaRamp constructed of cardboard. Must be to scale of the fingerboard. Must include DC logos. Prize: Danny Way Plan B deck
2) Homemade cornbread with split pea and ham soup. Prize: any hat of your choice.
3) The new Project Pat CD “Crook By Da Book”, sealed in the (w)rapper. Prize: any Tiki Hoodie.
4) A sealed bottle of Jagermeister. Prize: Tiki deck.
5) a 2lb bag of dill pickle Spits. Prize: $20 worth of stickers
6) 24 cans of Arizona Iced Tea ginseng and honey (the $0.99 green cans). Prize: any Circa shoe of your choice.
7) Mario Kart for N64. Prize: any DVD of your choice (excluded box sets)
8) a box of Turtles for Noel’s birthday. Prize: Fallen t-shirt
9) OG copy of Tetris for Nintendo NES. Prize: Fallen hoodie
10) Crosby Stills Nash and Young CD featuring “Carry On”. Prize: Circa t-shirt
11) 40oz Colt 45. Prize: DVS t-shirt
Items we only want to see (we won’t keep these items): (prize will be a $10 Tiki gift certificate)
1) Iron Maiden or ACDC 8-track cassette.
2) 80′s WWF thumb wrestlers.
3) Wayne Gretzky rookie card.
4) Brett Hull endorsed GT snow racer.
5) deadstock Duffs Cobbnobblers or Strombolies.
6) Donkey Kong mini-arcade game.
7) OG Mr. T promo items. If you bring in anything made past 1990, you’ll be ousted.
.. but not until tomorrow!
As you can see above, the Tiki mainframe (location undisclosed) is working on this year’s list, which will likely be posted at some point tomorrow. Along with the list of items, will be the prizes attached to those items.
If you have no clue about what we’re talking about, type “scavenger” in the search box at the top right…
See you there, Deagan.
Holiday Hours at the indoor skatepark:
Beginning Dec 23rd, 2006 to January 7th, 2007, the skatepark will be operating under extended hours (1pm-5pm; 6pm to 9pm), with the following dates of closure:
Dec 24-26, 2006
Dec 31, 2006
January 1, 2007
The Diamond Maiden shirts are in in VERY LIMITED quantities…
Ian Reid’s video has also made an appearance in the shop (and no, you won’t be getting this if you’re a minor)
Monday through Friday (Dec. 18/06 to Dec. 22/06) the Tiki Room will be open from 10am tp 9pm every evening. Tell your folks. There’s lots of time to get that new deck for x-mas…
Now in stock. Get ‘em while you can…
On Thursday, December 14, 2006, the doors of the Tiki Room will be open until 11pm. We wanted to give the fine folks in our city an extra chance to get some holiday shopping in while they can.
As well, in appreciation of the continued support of our fine customers, we will have a in-store special offer for the day as well:
Thanks to our friends at Circa Footwear, we are able to offer the Circa 207SE in grey/white/black for the amazingly low price of $49.99 (regular $120- over $70 off!).Â We have a limited quantity of these in stock. First come, first served.